Civil design can be a daunting task without accurate underground utility data. Civil engineers are often asked to develop site plans using outdated as-built information. If current as-built drawings are available, they rarely contain accurate depths to buried utilities. Finding an unexpected utility can be both dangerous and expensive. Unforeseen utilities can cause work stoppages, hasty design changes, and costly change orders for the customer. Civil engineers rely on GeoTek Services to locate underground utilities facilitating the development of accurate site plans.
GeoTek Services performs underground investigations to reduce the risk of encountering unexpected utilities. GeoTek has successfully used both Ground Penetrating Radar and Electromagnetic Induction (EMI) to locate existing underground utilities for both civil design applications and for civil projects already in the construction phase.
Our Utility Locating Applications Include:
- Locating Underground Pipes (Water, Sewer, Gas)
- Locating Electric, Telecom, Fiber Optic Cables
- Locating Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
- Locating Metal and Plastic Pipes and Conduits
- Locating Voids and Tunnels
- Locating Sprinkler Pipes
- Locating Underground Obstructions (Vaults, Abandon Utilities)
Note: One Call Centers (aka: No Cuts) typically do not mark utility locations for design work.