For environmental surveys, GeoTek uses a mid-range frequency GPR system. The mid-range GPR is a very capable system, showing depth penetration down to 14 feet. This system is capable of generating both 2D and 3D representations of objects below the surface. Ground Penetrating Radar is well suited to support both Phase I and Phase II environmental audits. GPR can also support agricultural applications, such as determining the depth of top soil, or locating hydrology features.
Environmental Scanning Applications Include:
- Locating Underground Pipes (Water, Sewer, Gas)
- Locating Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
- Locating Buried Drums
- Locating Metal and Plastic Pipes
- Clearing Borehole Locations
- Supporting Phase I and Phase II Audits
GPR Used for 2D Environmental Scanning
2D GPR Scan of a Service Station. Multiple Features were observed in the 10 – 14 Foot Range.